um. . . so i’m making another move. dealing with wordpress lately has been like hitting that cluster of nerve by your elbow. so i’ve got to, got t,o got to. . . go. i will be scooting over to the simplistic ways of tumblr in hopes they are a better fit for me. so i bid you adieu.
-letting the goodtimes roll over to bcauseyes.tumblr.com
i lost a homie last night and it’s so bizarre. i really don’t think it’s hit me yet. I didn’t want to write about it cuz it would be like. . .acknowledging he’s gone. it’s so unreal. so as i lack the words to express this bizarre and empty feelings of loss. i’ve just been listening to a grip of music. he was a musician among many things and i think he would have liked a lot of the stuff i’ve been kicking back to so . . . this one is for nate.
there will come a time with no more tears mang!
so long my friend.
in love. It would be so grand to actually believe in the fairytales that have been brow-beaten into ours minds/hearts, where life unfolds like a long awaited letter from that unrequited love, and we finally go for broke and strike oil in rash and stolen kisses under some abondoned arch or inviting corridor.
Would it be so grand or make matters worse if we truly believed this??? would this belief cloud the reality of the situation and push us into other delusions or open our eyes to other possibilities. . . dunno.
I saw this on a favored site and thought. . .
“This could totally turn out like a dream followed by
and end with a
but that’s just a movie called ‘Valentine’s Day’ right? “
or, if it doesn’t turn out how we planned we’d just be so
“relieved that we lived for once and just did it?”
or. . . .
I guess real-life application will teach us that
a little bit of both is possible.
Not that I’m biased but I really do want to believe in the fairytale. Part of it at least. The healthy bit of it where I’ll just be able to shake it off (if it doesn’t unfold as i’d hoped) with a non-chalant “c’est la vie”. Sadly, somehow that phrase has been overlooked in my many misses.
-too much time on my hands
rockin' today's and yesterday's goods!
Today was Day 2 of “Art Swap” for Ciara and me. Quite the artsy kindreds, we met briefly about a month ago and soon spoke of getting together to do what we do best. I never quite knew if we would meet again in that capacity as most people here just say, “Yeah, that’d be awesome”. . . and flake. I’m so glad she was a homie and made time for it. Naturally goodtimes were had with each swap.
I am trying to learn as much as I can as art is clearly what I should have done in Undergrad. And after my first installment of playing catch-up I’m feeling more like I could actually pursue art as a career. Whether that be as a designer or a teacher of such things is still unclear.
Anywho, here are the fruits of Art Swap Spring Break 2010. Ciara taught me screen printing and ceramics, I imparted my limited knowledge on a favored accessories like bows and tings.
rockin’ today’s and yesterday’s goods!
These past two days have been grand. Learning in a stress free environment has reignited my curiosity and inspiration. I hope we get to swap again soon.
I sigh because it’s been eons since i’ve been on this bad. It’s prolly clear by now that a weekly “if i’ just ain’t gon’ happen. The fact that I haven’t really had a reliable moment catcher for over a year has not helped with updates either. but hopefully that can change. i’ve discovered the joys of really expensive batteries. shout out to Enegizer advance LITHIUUUUUM! Also, I’ve found turning off the camera when I’m not using it to be dually effective. I’m pretty much rubbish at posting pics but i shall try or at least provide an abundance of links to pictures.
Now for a quick recap for my peeps who dont see me or visit me in my cove.
- first up. my gifted mac G4 is in limbo and my cousin keisha heard my situation by a third party and hooked me up with this adorable purple ACER netbook LILIIII! whatchu know about FAM!?
- in other news, I’m training for a half marathon (13.1 mi) on May 2. i will hit mile 9 or vice versa on sun. eeeeeKuh.
- going mad over fabric/notions every 3rd day at hancock fabrics, my new besty
- trading tips with and randomly bumping into Tawns(another new fav)
- got my LIFE with nunz when she came through for a drive-by visit.
- been babysitting the munchkins Brooks. too cute and too smart for their own good. leaders of tomorrow in the MAKIIIIING!!!
- sewing of course. if i haven’t already accosted your fb page with the link here it is agaaaaain!
- also, too, and, i’ve been singing with my sistas. wish i had a link and or link for the concert we participated in last weekend. we opened for joey kibble from Take 6. such a homie.
- i’m still looking for a part-time gig at the VERY least, so keep your ears. . . open???
- recently fallen for The Arrows, Mumford and Sons these people are money! and they love JESUUUUUS! soo. thanks homies of homies who got that into gear.
- also can’t get enough of Judy Garland. she and Liza were truly kindreds whether mami and daughter or not.
- have had a hankering for skating and bowling. so far i’ve only been skating. i was trying to do it every two weeks but ya’ll know how i do with that.
- writing a long overdue update.
So what’s next? who knows. you tell me.
Praise Jesus! I have been featured on the well-followed blog Natural chica. It features different stores of going natural, tips on maintanence and fun little how-to on styles and accessories. It is also a place where natural ladies, like myself, and their work are featured. The focus was mostly on my natural character Lula but I also mentioned my bags. so what better time to let you know that because yes! is now the name of my line of bags that will be available online at etsy.com in the next few days. . here are a few.
“since i left you. . .without a dope beat to step to. . .step to. . .”– timbaland,
miike is all things dope:
a throwback! nothing like a top gun slow-mo.
and these crazy talented kids. . . mostly just crazy/high:
that’s all. I shall post my new bags later.